ULI UK Annual Conference 2017
The ULI UK Annual Conference will take place on 24 May 2017 at UBS’ headquarters, 5 Broadgate, London.
09:00 Welcome and Introductions
ULI UK Chairman: Simon Clark, Chairman, ULI UK
Conference Moderator: Dame Judith Mayhew Jonas, Special Adviser, Tishman Speyer
Industry Address: Craig McWilliam, Chief Executive Britain & Ireland, Grosvenor
09:15 Economic and Geopolitical Outlook
Keynote: Paul Donovan, Global Chief Economist, UBS Wealth Management
09:35 Real Estate Outlook: Threats, Opportunities and Game Changers
Moderator: Mike Phillips, Editor, Europroperty
Madeleine Cosgrave, Managing Director & Regional Head of Europe, GIC
Francois Trausch, CEO, Allianz Real Estate
John Barakat, Head of Real Estate Finance, M&G Investments
Ross Bailey, CEO, Appearhere
10:15 Coffee Break
10:45 Mass Migration – Impact on Land Use and Real Estate
Jenny Philimore, Professor of Migration and Superdiversity and Director of the Institute for Research into Superdiversity (IRiS), University of Birmingham
Alistair Reason, Director, Reason Consulting
11:00 What if? … Future Trends
Keynote Speaker: David Mattin, Global Head of Trends & Insight, Trend Watching
Mark Curry, Senior Director, Development, Grosvenor Britain & Ireland
Martin Reeves, Chief Executive, West Midlands Combined Authority and Coventry City Council
Other speakers TBC
12.00 Infoburst: 5 Broadgate
Ken Shuttleworth, Founder, Make Architects
12.10 Clever Solutions
Diversification, technification, new strategies, sectors and locations.
Moderator: Stephanie McMahon, Head of Research, Strutt & Parker
Bob van der Zande, Director Residential Markets, City of Amsterdam (TBC)
Martina Malone, Senior Vice President, Prologis
Chlump Chatkupt, Founder, PlaceMake.io
14:30 Infoburst: UrbanPlan Legacy
14:40 ‘What if?’…. Game Changers
A deep dive in to specific projects and trends that could significantly change our industry.
Moderator: Chris Choa, Vice President, AECOM
Duncan Swinhoe, Managing Principal, EMEA, Gensler
James Kidner, Director of Partnerships, Improbable
Laura Shoaf, Managing Director, Transport for West Midlands
15:40 Infoburst: The Economic Value of Local Social Networks
Tom Kemeny, Lecturer & Assistant Professor in Economic Geography, University of Southampton
15:50 Coffee Break
16:20 Capital Markets – Where’s the Smart Money Going?
Moderator: Richard Johnson, Global Head of Business Development for Real Estate and Private Markets, UBS
Christina Gaw, Managing Principal and Head of Capital Markets, Gaw Capital Partners
Dale Lattanzio, Managing Partner, DRC Capital
17:30 Conference close
17:30-18:30 Networking Drinks Reception
Pre-Conference Drinks Reception
23 May 2017
Conference attendees and invited guests are invited to attend a pre-conference networking reception on the evening of 23 May 2017
|Early Bird Price
Prices exclude VAT
|ULI Private Sector Member||£403|
|Private Sector Non Member||£613|
|ULI Public Sector Member||£193|
|Public Sector Non Member||£298|
|ULI Young Leader Member *||£193|
|Young Leader Non Member *||£298|
Early bird prices are available until 11 April 2017
* Young Leaders applicable to individuals under the age of 35 years.
** A limited number of student registrations, at this subsidised rate, are available on a first come first served basis.
- Connect with senior real estate professionals
- Learn how global economics and geopolitics is shaping real estate capital decisions
- Gain insights from industry leaders who are adapting, diversifying and seeking new opportunities
- ULI as a content led, mission driven, non lobbying organisation provides a neutral platform to present the big picture and convene open debate
Venue & Logistics
Registration open 08:15
Conference start 09:00
Conference close 17:30
Drinks Reception 17:30-18:30
ULI has 40,000 members globally from all sectors of the built environment from both the public and private sectors. To join ULI and access the benefits of membership, including reduced rates to this conference, please click here. You will also be given the option to join through conference online registration.
• Written cancellation and refund requests received at ULI by 24 April 2017 will be awarded a full refund minus a £150 processing fee.
• No refunds will be given for cancellation requests received after 24 April 2017.
• Registration may be transferred to another member of your organisation if requested before 17:00h on 19th May 2017; a £50 transfer fee will be charged. Appropriate fee category will apply upon transfer.
• Verbal requests for cancellations and refunds will not be accepted; all requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
ULI UK Annual Conference 2016
The programme, photos, presentations and list of attendees from the 2016 conference can be found here.