Innovators and Disrupters Series: Final Homes
Please join us for an exciting I&D session with Anne Feikje Weidema who will share with us her research on elderly housing in the Netherlands. This session should constitute an interesting case study for professionals looking at European case studies in PRS, Housing Communities and Care Architecture.
Anne Feikje leads Communications for PLP Architecture, is involved in Business Development endeavours and directs the Research Focus Group on Housing for the Elderly as part of the studio’s Research Group. She undertook a research case study on Elderly Care Establishments in the Netherlands, showing the elements of architecture and design, called: ‘In Beeld; ouderenzorg instellingen in Nederland anno 2013’. The research serves as a tool for architects, care managers, philosophers, real estate developers and others to rethink and remake the living conditions of elderly in the future – in search for an integral solution.
Anne Feikje achieved her Masters in Political Science at the University of Amsterdam and completed her studies at the Design Academy Eindhoven on the topic of care (architecture). In 2011 she undertook a research traineeship with Rem Koolhaas’ Office for Metropolitan Architecture (OMA) where she became acquainted with the process of architectural design and the relationship between surroundings and health. Before joining PLP Architecture, Anne Feikje was working for De Boer & Wang Studio, a Shanghai based design and strategic brand consultancy agency.
Anne Feikje has given various lectures on the topic Elderly housing, Design and Well being, in the Netherlands, UK, China and South Korea. Together with Danielle Arets she wrote the article ‘Cure with Care; plea for a more sensory architecture’.
This event is Open to All.
ULI Young Leaders/Student Members: £10.00
ULI Members: £25.00
Public Sector Members: £20.00
Non Members: £40.00
- A full refund will be awarded for written cancellation and refund requests received up to 5 (five) days before the event. This includes work and non-work days.
- No refunds will be given for cancellation requests received after 12.00am on the fifth day before the event.
- Registration may be transferred to another member of your organisation if requested by 12.00am on the fifth day before the event without penalty. Appropriate fee category will apply upon transfer.
- Registration may be transferred to another member of your organisation if requested by 12.00am the day before the event; a £5 transfer fee will be charged.
- Verbal requests for cancellations and refunds will not be accepted; all requests must be made in writing to email@example.com