Innovators & Disruptors Series: Build to Rent
Please join us for a panel discussion with Russell Pedley of Assael Architecture and Michelle Hannah from Cast Consultancy who will share with us their research and experience around the topic of B2R / PRS development, including the challenges associated with the rapid growth of the sector in the UK in the recent years.
Russell Pedley has years of experience in designing residentially-led mixed-use schemes in complex urban settings. He has a passion for creating architecture with a strong sense of place and has spearheaded Assael’s skills in the design of professionally managed Build to Rent developments in the private rented sector. He is also Vice-Chair of the UK Residential Council of the Urban Land Institute and was one of the key figures behind the ULI Build to Rent Practice Guide.
Michelle has worked in the Residential Sector for 14 years. Michelle started her career as a Residential Consultant supporting Housing Associations & Local Authorities with Strategic Needs Assessment and Business & Financial Planning. Michelle previously spent 5 years with EC Harris (latterly Arcadis) as a financial analyst within the Residential business, and went on to head up the Financial Modelling Team that was focused on providing Clients with residential development consultancy advice and support in relation to site acquisition, master planning, planning viability and the raising of equity & debt financing.
Michelle is an expert in viability strategy and modelling for mixed use developments including both private and affordable tenures, and has worked for housebuilders, developers, landowners and the public sector (acting as a developer). Michelle has a bespoke approach to viability appraisals which are tailored to clients’ needs which support driving levels of return. Her focus is to enable better decision making on masterplan optimisation through transparent modelling that sets target outcomes for the project team.
Over the last few years Michelle’s focused specialism has been the Build to Rent sector where she has worked with developers in creating their business plan to demonstrate to private equity investors the deliverability and operation of the brand.
This event is open to all.
- A full refund will be awarded for written cancellation and refund requests received up to 5 (five) days before the event. This includes work and non-work days.
- No refunds will be given for cancellation requests received after 12.00am on the fifth day before the event.
- Registration may be transferred to another member of your organisation if requested by 12.00am on the fifth day before the event without penalty. Appropriate fee category will apply upon transfer.
- Registration may be transferred to another member of your organisation if requested by 12.00am the day before the event; a £5 transfer fee will be charged.
- Verbal requests for cancellations and refunds will not be accepted; all requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org