The Property Industry Alliance
The Property Industry Alliance (PIA) was formed in May 2006 with a remit to facilitate closer working between the leading representative bodies in the commercial property industry. Its current Chairman is Bill Hughes, Head of Real Assets at Legal and General Investment Management.
The PIA membership comprise
- Association of Real Estate Funds
- British Council for Offices
- British Property Federation
- Commercial Real Estate Finance Council Europe
- Investment Property Forum
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Urban Land Institute
The objectives of the Property Industry Alliance are:
- To work together to promote a coherent, accurate and well-founded view of the UK’s commercial property industry to all stakeholders and to ensure that the contribution of property both to the economy and to the personal wealth of British citizens is fully understood.
- To respond where possible in a co-ordinated fashion to Government proposals and initiatives.
- To encourage efficiency and minimise duplication in service provision between existing representative bodies.
- To encourage best practice.
- To achieve greater coordination in setting research agendas, to collaborate on research projects where there is mutual benefit and to ensure better dissemination of research findings.
The PIA has a number of sub-groups including:
- REITs Strategy Group
- Research Committee
- Green Property Alliance
- Debt Group
- DCLG Commercial Property Forum
For further information on the PIA please visit the PIA website: http://propertyindustryalliance.org/