Brownfield Land Registers: The dawn of Smart Planning?
Are we at the dawn of a new planning era where UK cities can deliver ‘Smart Planning’? This seminar will explore how the Brownfield Land Registers (BLR) could be the digital platform for the UK to think more creatively about our towns and cities, to create compact, walkable and vibrant communities.
Based on a cross-sector panel discussion the seminar will explore how Local Authorities, Government and innovative technology could utilise the BLR platform to take our urban environment into the digital era.
6:15 Welcome and Introductions
6:20 Presentation: Brownfield Site Registers Insights and the new era of digital mapping and planning tools – Troy Hayes, Managing Director, Troy Planning + Design
- Nicholas Falk, Executive Director, The URBED Trust
- Jane Custance, Director of Strategic Planning & Development, Waltham Forest Borough Council
- Robert Griffith, Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG)
- Jon Herbert, Director, Troy Planning + Design
- Ed Parham, Director, Space Syntax (Moderator)
ULI Members – Free
Non-Member – £50
Public Sector Non-Members – £40
We are offering a number of free places for Local Authority Staff. Please contact Robert de Jong to register your interest.
Further Tech related events at ULI
ULI has a regular programme of tech related forums as part of ULI’s wider innovation programmes, such as the Innovators and Disruptor Series, Tech Forum and our UK Councils and the ULI Europe Annual Conference 30th – 31st January, Berlin.
- A full refund will be awarded for written cancellation and refund requests received up to 5 (five) days before the event. This includes work and non-work days.
- No refunds will be given for cancellation requests received after 12.00am on the fifth day before the event.
- Registration may be transferred to another member of your organisation if requested by 12.00am on the fifth day before the event without penalty. Appropriate fee category will apply upon transfer.
- Registration may be transferred to another member of your organisation if requested by 12.00am the day before the event; a £5 transfer fee will be charged.
- Verbal requests for cancellations and refunds will not be accepted; all requests must be made in writing to email@example.com