ULI Midlands: The Only Way is MMC? – Modern versus Traditional Methods of Construction
Modern Methods of Construction is the saviour of residential development – or is it? Do you really know the benefits and pitfalls? Join our expert panel to find out which is better – MMC or traditional methods.
- Martin Feakes– Marketing Director, Buildings, Ramboll
- Adam Willetts– Senior Development Manager, Urban Splash
- Damian Friel– Associate Director, ARUP
- Mike Leonard– Chief Executive, Building Alliance
- Mark Southgate– Chief Executive Officer, MOBIE
Our evening will start with a short presentation by Urban Splash. They are currently developing Port Loop, a major regeneration area incorporating 1,150 home site in Birmingham using a mixture of both Volumetric housing and traditional methods.
The panel will then discuss such topics as:
- The skills shortage in traditional construction.
- Is MMC really that much faster?
- The difference in cost between construction methods.
- The environmental benefits of different techniques.
- How are the different professions responding and how much demand is there for the new ways of doing things.
- Is MMC the only place where the sexy innovative stuff happens?
ULI Members Free
Private sector non members £20
Public sector non members £10