This is the last of a series of three masterclasses focused on capital markets. Following an introductory class on the capital stack as whole and a class focused on equity, this third one will concentrate on the debt side of real estate transactions. What types of debt instruments are there, what leverage levels do different asset classes typically have and what types of coupons and fees do they attract? The class will also focus on different strategies for raising capital for debt investments and the connection between prop tech and debt funds. Rod Lockhart, Head of Capital Markets & Fund Management at LendInvest, will be leading the class.
A qualified chartered surveyor, Rod spent more than 10 years at CBRE where he was a Senior Director in its corporate finance division. There he advised UK and global institutional fund and pension scheme clients on direct and indirect real estate investments, including unlisted funds, REITs, joint ventures and real estate debt. Before joining LendInvest, Rod worked with the business for a number of years, advising on the company’s Real Estate Opportunity Fund.
LendInvest is the UK’s leading online marketplace for property finance and investing. Since launching in 2008, LendInvest has lent over £1.7 billion ($1.9 billion) to help buy, build or renovate over 7,000 homes across the UK.
LendInvest uses technology to provide our borrowers with short-term property finance and Buy-to-Let mortgages. Funding our borrowers are investors looking for income secured against property, these include retail investors (in our London Stock Exchange listed bond), investors on our Online Investment Platform and some of the world’s largest financial institutions.
Registration is open to all
ULI Young Leaders/Student Members: £25
ULI Members: £40
Public Sector Members: £30
Non Member Young Leaders/Students/Public Sector: £60
Non Members: £80
- A full refund will be awarded for written cancellation and refund requests received up to 5 (five) days before the event. This includes work and non-work days.
- No refunds will be given for cancellation requests received after 12.00am on the fifth day before the event.
- Registration may be transferred to another member of your organisation if requested by 12.00am on the fifth day before the event without penalty. Appropriate fee category will apply upon transfer.
- Registration may be transferred to another member of your organisation if requested by 12.00am the day before the event; a £5 transfer fee will be charged.
- Verbal requests for cancellations and refunds will not be accepted; all requests must be made in writing to email@example.com