One in four of us will be over 65 in 2037. People over 65 live in a third of all dwellings and home owners over 65 own property worth £1.5 trillion - there is going to be more demand and the potential to offer more choice in the later living sector.
Through this guide, we explore the provision of Housing with Care in this sector through some myth-busting and the promotion of good and innovative practice, which puts people and choice at the centre of delivery.
This guide focuses on professionally managed communities where there is an incentive and commitment to create long-term, income-generating business models across a variety of tenure and funding structures.
Hear from our authors, who will outline the content in their respective chapters, and an expert panel discussing what lies ahead for Housing with Care in the UK market.
This event and guide is relevant to existing funders, commissioners, investors, developers and operators, both public and private sector, as well as new entrants who wish to diversify.
9:00am Welcome by Russell Pedley, Co-Founder, Assael Architecture and Chair, ULI UK Residential Council
- Chapter 1: Opportunity - Jeremy Porteus, Chief Executive, Housing Learning and Improvement Network
- Chapter 2: Operations & Management - Sara Livadeas, Chief Executive, The Fremantle Trust
- Chapter 3: Care - Debra Yudolph, Partner, SAY Consulting
- Chapter 4: Design - Patrick Devlin, Partner, PTE Architects
- Chapter 5: Tenure and financing - Phil Schmid, Director - Living Capital Markets – Healthcare, JLL
- Chapter 6: Policy and Planning - Michael Voges, Executive Director, ARCO
- Written cancellation and refund requests received at ULI by 1 October 2019 will be awarded a full refund minus a £15 processing fee.
- No refunds will be given for cancellation requests received from 2 October 2019.
- Registration may be transferred to another member of your organisation if requested before 17:00h on 15th October 2019; a £15 transfer fee will be charged. Appropriate fee category will apply upon transfer.
- Verbal requests for cancellations and refunds will not be accepted; all requests must be made in writing to email@example.com
Dentons UK and Middle East LLP One Fleet Place UNITED KINGDOM
ULI UK: REIT Seminar
8:30am - 10:30am BST
Goodwin Procter LLP 100 Cheapside London EC2V 6DY UNITED KINGDOM
ULI UK: Young Leaders Lunch and Learn with James Jacobs, Lazard
12:30pm - 2:00pm BST
Lazard 50 Stratton Street London W1J 8LL UNITED KINGDOM