Annual Conference 2019
Register early bird rate expires 18th April
The ULI UK Annual Conference will showcase the industry’s brightest new talent, fresh ideas and innovation alongside the experience of past Chairs of ULI UK . Our expert speakers will focus on the drivers of change and the big issues affecting our industry – housing affordability, security, social value, mobility, sustainability, technology and public private sector regeneration.
The future of our cities is dependent on our industry getting it right – to achieve Authenticity we must focus on the social outcomes as well as the bricks and mortar. Join us to learn from the experience of others and how we might navigate the ever-changing landscape ahead.
08.15 Registration & networking breakfast
09:00 Welcome and introductions
ULI UK Chairman: Chris Choa, Chairman, ULI UK and Vice President, Cities, AECOM
Moderator: Clare Thomas, Partner, CMS
09:15 Rate of Change
We live in interesting times. Political, environmental and global turmoil is perpetual. Technology presents us with unprecedented possibilities. We are setting new speed records of change on a daily basis. This sea of change is pushing the traditional bureaucratic, controlled, and hierarchical organisation of cities to the limits. Our expert panel of forward-thinkers will discuss the drivers of change and the threats and opportunities to the built environment.
10.15 Future Vision
Four industry trailblazers from across the real estate spectrum each share their vision for the future of the built environment and the real estate industry – providing insights on how we can best navigate the BIG issues facing our industry including housing affordability, security, social value, mobility, sustainability, technology and public private sector regeneration.
11:15 Working Coffee Break – Meet the Speakers
Roundtable discussions chaired by our morning speakers
Our extended, interactive coffee break will offer the opportunity to meet the speakers and join small group led discussions. A great opportunity to engage with the experts and fellow delegates.
11:50 Infoburst: Urban Art Forum – Cultural Placemaking
12:05 Fresh Perspectives
Panel discussion on new business models, strategies and cutting-edge developments. A smorgasbord of new ideas, this session will provide examples of best practice from around the globe.
14:15 Keynote Session: Industry Influencers
15:15 Infoburst: Later Living
15:30 Coffee Break
16:00 Capital Markets – Where’s the Smart Money Going?
Who is raising and deploying capital, where and in what sectors are the deals happening, where in the cycle are we and is there life beyond BREXIT?
16:45 Reflections and Opportunities
ULI UK leadership past and present will join us to share their experiences of navigating change and how ULI has helped shape their careers and businesses.
Marc Mogull, Chairman and Chief Investment Officer, Benson Elliot
Andy Martin, Chief Executive Officer Advisory UK, BNP Paribas Real Estate
Stephen Barter, Chairman, Wilton Capital Advisers
Simon Clark, Former Partner and Head of European Real Estate, Linklaters
Chris Choa, Vice President, AECOM
Moderator: Vanessa Hale, Director, Research, BNP Paribas Real Estate
17:30 Conference Close
Networking Drinks Reception
- May Al-Karooni, CEO & Founder, Globechain.co.uk
- Paul Donovan, Global Chief Economist, UBS Wealth Management
- Araceli Camargo, Director, The Centric Lab
- Andy Martin, Chief Executive Officer Advisory UK, BNP Paribas Real Estate
- Marc Mogull, Chairman and Chief Investment Officer, Benson Elliot
- Alex Notay, Build to Rent Fund Director, PfP Capital
- Eleanor Jukes, Senior Strategist, Legal & General Investment Management
- Edward Siskind, Founder & CEO, Cale Street Partners
David Warburton, Head of Land and Development, West Midlands Combined Authority
- Coen van Oostrom, CEO, Edge Technologies
Anne Kavanagh, Chief Investment Officer, PATRIZIA
- Simon Clark, Former Partner and Head of European Real Estate, Linklaters
- Chris Choa, Vice President, AECOM
- Vanessa Hale, Director, Research, BNP Paribas Real Estate
- Clare Thomas, Partner, CMS
- Megan Piper, Co-Founder, The Line
- Stephen Barter, Chairman, Wilton Capital Advisers
- Stephanie McMahon, Head of Research, BNP Paribas Real Estate
Rachel Dickie, Investment Manager – Urban Regeneration, Legal & General
ULI UK Product Council Day
The ULI UK Product Council Day will take place the day before the Annual Conference on the 22 May.
Details of the Residential Council Day can be found here.
Product Councils are sector focused, closed door forums for candid exchange of best practice. Membership to the ULI UK Product Council’s is at the discretion of the Council Chair, to ensure an appropriate mix of participants, and limited to 50 people per council. ULI UK product councils:
Register early bird rate expires 18th April
|Prices exclude VAT||Early Bird Price|
|ULI Private Sector Member||£490||£412|
|Private Sector Non Member||£749||£629|
|ULI Public Sector Member||£240||£202|
|Public Sector Non Member||£375||£315|
|ULI Young Leader Member *||£240||£202|
|Young Leader Non Member *||£375||£315|
* Young Leaders applicable to individuals under the age of 35 years.
** A limited number of student registrations, at this subsidised rate, are available on a first come first served basis.
Join ULI and save up to 35% on the non member rate!
Membership from £115 per annum (under 35 rate).
Select membership option when registering
Discounts are available for multiple registrants from the same company.
|Number of People from Same Company||Discount|
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a group discount.
Follow us and tweet questions to @ULI_UK #ULIUK2019
- Connect with innovators, industry trail blazers and senior industry leaders
- Gain insights on the big issues affecting cities and our industry
- Learn best practice from exemplar projects from across the globe
- ULI as a mission driven, non lobbying organisation provides a neutral platform to convene an open debate
Venue & Logistics
Date: Thursday 23 May 2019
Registration open 08:15
Conference start 09:00
Conference close 17:30
Drinks Reception 17:30-18:30
2018 ULI UK Annual Conference
Details of the 2018 Conference including a blog, photos and video can be found here.
ULI has 43,000 members globally from all sectors of the built environment from both the public and private sectors. To join ULI and access the benefits of membership, including reduced rates to this conference, please click here. You will also be given the option to join through conference online registration.
- Written cancellation and refund requests received at ULI by 22 April 2019 will be awarded a full refund minus a £150 processing fee.
- No refunds will be given for cancellation requests received after 22 April 2019.
- Registration may be transferred to another member of your organisation if requested before 17:00h on 15th May 2019; a £50 transfer fee will be charged. Appropriate fee category will apply upon transfer.
- Verbal requests for cancellations and refunds will not be accepted; all requests must be made in writing to email@example.com