Educational and Mentoring
The ULI UK Mentorship Programme gives ULI Young Leaders personal contact with senior industry leaders, providing knowledge sharing and industry insight. The programme aims to provide mentees with insight into career opportunities and experiences, aiding in personal development and helping to develop expertise within their chosen field. The programme is also a unique opportunity for mentors to give back, share their knowledge of the industry and take part in this rewarding programme. It provides senior and junior ULI members with an environment for mutual learning and looking at issues from a different perspective.
Feedback from past mentors and mentees
“The ULI YL Mentorship Programme encompass what ULI YL stands for – education through exchange of knowledge, networking with peers and higher ranking professionals in an informal atmosphere.”
“It feels good to provide guidance to smart young people and to help their professional development.”
“A thoroughly rewarding experience for all parties and not time consuming at all. ULI is all about ‘giving back’ and supporting young professionals at the beginning of their career and is one simple way we can make a difference.’’
For further information about the mentoring programme please see this link
Coming in 2017
This initiative provides a framework for ULI YL members to participate in a short professional exchange programme.
- The purpose is to provide YL members with an opportunity to gain insight into a different, but related field of work.
- Participants will make new connections and gain a stronger understanding of the host organisation.
- The participants will shadow one or more individuals in the host organisation to understand the priorities and challenges encountered within the role and by that organisation.
- The purpose is to foster a more informed and collaborative relationship between the participating individuals and organisations.
Scholarship Proposal: Innovation and Disruption in Real Estate
- To give a current PhD student a ULI Young Leader membership for 1 year free (including free attendance to YL UK events and specific other YL events) in exchange for an analytical write up under the theme of Innovation and Disruption in real estate, urban planning and architecture.
- To create a stronger link between the student’s University and ULI UK Young Leaders Committee (“the committee”) in order to provide a substantial network for students post-graduation.
- Collaboration to start in September 2016 in line with the new academic year.
Product Council Collaboration
The ULI Young Leader (YL) executive is looking for three members, one for each UK product council – Residential, Infrastructure and Sustainability – to be representatives for the YL membership at their meetings and events.
As a member of a UK product council, the YL representative would be expected to contribute ideas and is likely to play a significant role in providing support in implementing the product council’s events.
The successful candidate will be able to use this opportunity to further their professional development and build contacts with senior representatives in their sector
The only requirement is that the chosen members would need to feedback to both the YL and Product Councils committee ideas and event topics so possible synergies, in particular around events, can be identified.
This will enable all YL members to gain greater access to the content generated by the councils and learn from it. This feedback can be provided either through attendance at the YL committee meetings or via notes fed to an existing YL committee member.
Candidates have been selected for this year. If you would be interested in joining one of the three UK product councils next year , please sent a note to Frances Ketteringham.