ULI is one of the world’s most respected and diverse organisations in the field of development, land use, and urban planning. Established in 1936, the Urban Land Institute is a not for profit education and research body with over 40,000 members across the globe – and over 1,100 here in the UK.
ULI UK is the largest ULI National Council in Europe with over 1,100 members from the private and public sectors representing all disciplines within the UK commercial and residential property market. It is led by an Executive Committee of senior industry figures who volunteer their time to deliver events and programming specific to the UK. ULI UK also includes:
- A Young Leaders Committee that focuses on programming for younger professionals
- A Midlands and Scotland Committee focussed on local programming
- UK Product Councils and Forums aimed at professionals with interests in specific sectors of the market (Residential Council, Infrastructure & Urban Regeneration Council, Innovation Council, Sustainability Council, Capital Markets Forum, Development Forum, Tech Forum)
- UK Academic Prize awarded in partnership with The Journal of Economic Geography (JOEG) and Oxford University Press
- A NEXT Committee that fosters leadership opportunities for professionals between the age of 35 and 45
Throughout the year, ULI UK hosts an active and diverse programme of high quality events that draw on and share global best practices. Outputs include presentations, panel discussions, conferences, site/project tours, policy lunches, publications, research, practical tools for industry professionals, and community outreach programmes designed to overcome economic challenges and promote sustainability. ULI UK is a member of the Property Industry Alliance (PIA).