UrbanPlan is a realistic, engaging, and academically demanding classroom-based curriculum in which students learn about the fundamental forces that affect land development.
Inspiring real estate’s future
An educational initiative developed by the Urban Land Institute, UrbanPlan has been running successfully in high schools in the US for over 15 years – reaching over 43,000 students and enabling more than 1,500 ULI members to share their experiences in land use. It brings the urban environment to life for young people through a series of interactive workshops and team working challenges.
Having been fully adapted, UrbanPlan is now running in schools in the UK thanks to the generous support of a group of funders. ULI is delivering this innovative programme in schools across the country, completely free of charge. It has now reached over 2,500 pupils in over 100 schools since its launch with 400+ industry volunteers engaged across the country.
Why UrbanPlan UK ?
UrbanPlan UK is more than just an educational programme to help young people understand the role real estate plays in reviving and regenerating urban areas. It is also a great mechanism to:
- Create informed citizens who better understand
communities where they live and work.
- Help young people understand role real estate plays
to revive and regenerate urban areas.
- Support social mobility and the long term success
of the industry by reaching students from a diverse
social and economic demographic.
- Develop valuable links between schools and industry.
- Enrich the curriculum by bringing urban studies to
- Engage with and raise aspirations of young people.
- Promote careers in the built environment.